This is a protest Division No Radios | Raceivers are mandatory!
- The Volusia Speedway Park officials may inspect any car and equipment at any time for compliance.
- No radios or audible communication devices except raceceiver.
- All cars must have an extensive safety inspection each season before they race.
- All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the track.
General Safety Rules
- Each competitor is solely responsible for the effectiveness and proper installation, per the manufacturer’s specifications, of personal safety equipment and determining it to be adequate for competition at every event. Each competitor is expected to investigate and educate themselves for continuing improvement regarding their own personal safety equipment.
- Different safety regulations may be in place depending on the local and/or state government rules and/or laws and/or regulations in the specific location of the racetrack. Helmet and seatbelt dates and/or specified equipment requirements, worn, utilized and/or otherwise may be different than specified in the rulebook. Contact your local track officials for more information regarding this.
- All participants are solely responsible to meet the requirements in the specific division.
SAFETY: SPECIAL TO GLADIATORS
- 5-point safety harness must be mounted securely to the cage.
- Fire suit, fire shoes, and fire gloves required. Neck brace recommended.
- Driver’s windshield must be removed and have a minimum of 3 bars (wire mesh optional).
- If no factory installed fuel shutoff, one must be mounted within reach of the driver, safety crew, and track officials.
- Battery must be relocated to driver’s compartment, must be in a marine type sealed battery box and properly secured. Gel batteries allowed and highly recommended. Battery disconnect switch must be accessible to driver, track safety crew and track officials. Must be marked for ON/OFF.
- May run quick disconnect steering wheel adapters mounted on the stock shaft-Highly recommended.
- All drivers will be required to wear a fire-resistant driving uniform meeting minimum of the SFI 3.2A/5 specifications and display a valid SFI 3.2A/5 label on the outside of the uniform. Damaged uniforms will not be allowed.
- Drivers must wear gloves at all times they are on track. Driver’s gloves must meet or exceed the SFI 3.3 specification and have a legible and valid SFI 3.3 label.
- Drivers must wear shoes that meet minimum of the SFI 3.3 specifications and display a valid SFI 3.3 label.
- All drivers must wear a full-face helmet with a minimum safety rating of FIA 8860-2010, FIA 8860- 2018, Snell SA 2015, Snell SA 2010, Snell SAH 2010 and/or a valid SFI 31.1/2005 label.
- A. A full containment type constructed of aluminum or approved carbon fiber seats is Highly Recommended
- Seats must be used as supplied and installed following instructions provided by the seat manufacturer. Seat Belt and Restraint SystemA. Each car must be equipped with minimum of an SFI 16.1 or SFI 16.5 approved restraint system. Restraint system will be eligible for use in competition until the expiration date or for 2 years from the date of manufacture. Seat belt restraint systems shall be installed and used in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- In any type of manufacturer’s installation, the fasteners must be as supplied by the manufacturer.
Head and Neck Restraints
- A head and neck restraint SFI 38.1 approved is highly recommended.
- All lead ballast must be painted white with the car number and secured with two ½” bolts no matter the weight. Will be inspected.
- If weight falls off of your car on the track at any time you are immediately disqualified from the event. All cars must have front and rear hook ups for towing.
- NO exceptions. Roll bar padding recommended around driver. All cars must have a fire extinguisher minimum 2 lbs. with a working and visible gauge securely mounted within easy reach of the driver. 5lb minimum automatic fire suppression system highly recommended.
- Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must be securely mounted. Window net must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Must be 18”x18” minimum. Drivers must be able to exit both sides of the car.
- If it’s not stated in the rules it doesn’t mean it’s approved. Please consult with tech official for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition. You need to understand all safety requirements.
- Track Management as well as the Tech official reserves the right to disqualify any car and/or driver that does not comply with all safety requirements. Competition will not and cannot come before safety. Keep it inexpensive, easy and fun. The general rules apply to drivers eligible for this division.
CAR or TRUCK
- Any 4 cylinder, front or rear wheel drive car or truck, (must have original VIN tag) Cars have a maximum 106″ wheel base, trucks only have a maximum of 110” wheel base.
- COMPLETELY STOCK OEM! No turbos or super chargers. No cold air intakes may run a K&N or similar style washable air filter in a STOCK air cleaner. Any stock oil filter. May flash ECU to remove theft and rpm chip.
- No special order or high-performance cars. Any car with a factory horsepower rating over 160hp will be considered high performance and not allowed to compete.
- Must be available for purchase in the USA.
- No gutting, chopping, torching, or cutting. LEAVE IT ALONE!
- May make aluminum or steel dash and run aftermarket gauges.
- Completely OEM stock engine for year make and model. NO TINKERING with engines. Maximum engine size will be 2.5 liter. No boring. Engine must match body. No swaps.
- Stock OEM for make and model. Cannot be welded or locked. No posi-traction
- Stock OEM. No modifications of any kind. Cavaliers & Sunfires may use OEM replacement hub assembly from Jay Gordon (618)-694-1212 (or similar, please advise tech man use of these products) on passenger or driver side as option to stock hub assembly.
- Stock OEM. No modifications of any kind.
- No fuel additives. No racing gas. No E85. No Oxygenated fuel.
- All tires same size, all rims same size. 13″, 14″, 15″ or 16″ rims okay. Stock steel wheels.
- No aluminum wheels. Any steel wheel 7” wide or less with 4” or more backspacing may be used.
- 1” lug nuts MANDATORY. 60/65/70/75 series DOT tires approved. No truck or trailer tires. No truing, tire softeners, soaking, or pre-heating of tires. No leaning of tires.
- NO chemicals of any type inside of tires except oxygen or nitrogen.
- Stock gas tank in stock location as long as it is in front of the rear axle
Optional fuel cell (highly recommended). IF MOUNTED IN TRUNK. Must be in a steel case with at least 2 steel straps mounted securely to the floor of the trunk.
Remove all glass from vehicle. Door panels may be removed to remove door glass. Doors may be hulled for roll bar, must have hinges and lock latch intact. Doors must be welded shut.
Hood hinges must remain in stock location with 2 hood pins or optional 4 hood pins to secure the hood. All hoods must have original hood pins and latches removed.
All body sheet metal must be kept in place. Trunks must have lid pins and latches removed. Trucks must weld tail gate shut No sheet metal screws, pop rivets only.
Head lights and taillights must be removed.
Remove the hood insulation.
- 4 point minimum. Minimum 3 horizontal bars on the driver’s side and 2 horizontal bars on the passenger’s side. Bars surrounding driver must be a minimum 1.5” x.095”. Cage may exit driver’s compartment. Must be welded to 4″ x 4″ x 1/8″ plate and welded to floor pan or frame. Driver’s door bar must extend 3″ past front and rear of driver’s door. Continuous welds must be used on all joints. If equipped with airbags they must be disarmed.
- 1.9 Liters and below must weigh a minimum of 2200lbs after race. 2.0L and above must weigh 2400lbs after race. Liters are as specified by manufacturer. Any car with a V-tech valvetrain must weigh a minimum of 2550lbs after race.
CAR CLAIMING PROCEDURES
In order to claim a car, the driver must have competed in two race events in the Gladiator division. The driver must finish on the lead lap and behind the car he/she is claiming. The driver then may claim the car for $1,000.00 cash. The driver being claimed may remove all safety equipment from the car including fuel cell if installed. The driver being claimed keeps the entire amount of cash $1,000.00 and the car of the claiming driver. The claiming driver may also remove his/her safety equipment. If a driver refuses to surrender a car being claimed, he/she will be disqualified.
Abuse of this claimer rule will not be tolerated. Volusia Speedway Park reserves the right to also claim any one’s car in the division for the same dollar amount. Remember inexpensive racing!
May also claim the computer of a top 5 finisher. Must finish on the lead lap and must claim a higher finishing competitor. Claimed driver will receive $75 and claiming competitor’s
computer. Claiming car must bring his car directly to tech and leave computer installed until instructed to remove. The winner from the previous week will start at the rear of the feature the next
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER:
THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. THESE RULES SHALL GOVERN THE CONDITION OF ALL EVENTS, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THE RULES. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE SPORT AND ARE IN NO WAY A GUARANTEE AGAINST INJURY OR DEATH TO A PARTICIPANT, SPECTATOR, OR OFFICIAL. THE ABSENCE OF A SPECIFIC RULE DOES NOT IMPLY APPROVAL. THE TRACK RESERVES THE
RIGHT TO ADD WEIGHT IN THE FAIRNESS OF COMPETITION.
It is stated in the rules above what you can do to your car. Anything else will not be allowed! In other words, if it is not stated in the rules then it is not approved. Please consult tech official for
certification only. If not in writing, no “he said/she said” is acceptable by management. All tech decisions are final, and a disqualification means ALL money, prizes, and points are forfeited.
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $100.00. To check lift on camshaft will be $100.00. To check for a welded Front differential is $75. To pull a transmission and inspect will be $350 with $75 going to tech inspector. To pull a head the protest will be $500.00 with $75 going to tech inspector. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $750.00 (of which $150.00 will go to the tech inspector). Tear down and inspection of chassis and suspension (shocks. springs and all mounting points) will be $500.00 ($100 will go to tech inspector). Should the car be found illegal. The money minus the $100.00 on a motor being pulled will go back to the protesting party. Total tear down of engine and suspension will be $1,000.00 ($200.00 to tech inspector). Track fee of $200 will be charged for protest and is nonrefundable. Should the car be found legal. all money minus fees will go to the car being protested.
A PROPER PROTEST/CLAIM WILL BE COMPLETED AS FOLLOWED:
Cash in hand along with a written description of the type of protest must be presented to the Tech man before cars leave tech area or ten minutes after race completion. Whichever is greater.